Our Chiropractors specialize in the diagnosis and management of a wide variety of conditions related to the spine, muscles, joints, and nerves of the body. They utilize a manual, non-invasive technique to reduce pain and dysfunction associated with these conditions. Often times, the cause of pain associated with musculoskeletal conditions can be located at a site distant from where the symptoms are actually felt. Therefore we take a holistic approach to healthcare, assessing the patient as a whole rather than a set of individual parts.
Conditions Commonly Treated by Chiropractors:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Work or sport related injuries
- Tendonitis or Tendinosis
- Nerve entrapment syndromes (ex. carpal tunnel, sciatica)
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Restricted movement in the neck, back, shoulders, or limbs
What to Expect from your Chiropractic Visit at Shift
During your initial assessment our Chiropractor will take a detailed health history and perform a thorough physical examination in order to establish the root of the problem. Once this has been determined, they will develop a treatment strategy unique to your needs. At Shift these treatments may include one, or a combination of the following:
- Soft tissue therapy (e.g. ART, Graston Technique, Trigger point therapy)
- Spinal and other joint manipulation
- Rehabilitative exercise prescription (e.g. stretching, strengthening, proprioception/balance exercises, and postural correction)
- Education/advice (e.g. injury prevention strategies)
For some conditions Chiropractic care may not be the primary method of treatment. Should you require additional consultation with other healthcare providers (e.g. your family MD, Massage Therapist, Athletic Therapist) we will point you in the right direction.
A common misconception about Chiropractic care is that once you start, you're "locked in" for the rest of your life. At the Shift, we evaluate each condition independently and devise a treatment plan to address your problem as quickly as the healing process allows. Our goal is to get you back to the activities you love and provide you with the means to prevent similar injuries in the future.